We're happy to announce that Maltego 4.0.15 (for XL and Classic) has just been released. With it comes a whole host of bug fixes, improvements and new features.
- New tabular import wizard
- Much (much!) quicker to import large amounts of data
- Connectivity matrix helps you connect the dots
- Auto-detection of columns and column entity types saves you time
- Import multiple files at once - underrated feature of the month!
- List view - back by popular demand!
- Recent entities section in entities pallet so you don't need to search for them
- Leaf selection (we should have had this in V1)
- 100+ small bug fixes so things just works better.
The new connectivity matrix allows you to easily define the relationships between the imported entities.
Column Entity Types
You can now specify the entity type in the data headers.
E.g. A column with the heading "maltego.Person" will automatically be recognized as a Person entity, without having to do the mapping manually.
Import Multiple Files at Once
If you have your data split over multiple files, you can configure your column mapping once, and import all the files at once. Please note that the file layouts must all be identical.
The List View can be used as an alternative to the entity view as a way to view a graph in a tabular format. The entity selection behavior and functionality is identical between the entity view and the list view. Changing from "Entity Selection" to "Link Selection" will display all the graph links of entities.
The new "Select Leaves" button allows you to quickly select entities that have no outgoing links and a single incoming link (so strictly speaking it's not a "real" leaf node... but we like it like that!).
To update your Maltego client click on the Application Button (left top), Tools -> Check for Updates:
This will update your Maltego to 4.0.15. We hope you're having fun with our latest update!